Below is a snippet of my background, but you can download my full résumé here.
Managing Editor, Grok Nation
January 2018 – Present
- Responsible for all operations at the digital lifestyle site
- Assign, edit, and write across all verticals—including entertainment, food and drinks, style, parenting, faith, and more
- Manage freelance editor contracts and budget
- Work directly with developer to implement site adjustments and improvements
- Helped relaunch site with new front-end design and expanded content verticals
- Implemented Google Analytics to track site traffic and monitor performance
- Successfully added Grok Nation to Google News and Apple News; used new social verifications and other tools to improve site traffic
Deputy Editorial Manager, Entertainment Weekly
March 2017 – January 2018
- Oversee all digital operations for EW.com
- Create and execute digital rollout plans for each print issue; serve as digital editor for long-form stories
- Collaborate with Time Inc. Entertainment Group product and development team to innovate on site editorial and user experience
- Recruit, hire, and manage all New York-based interns
- Field all immediate and long-term issues related to the CMS; troubleshoot as needed or escalate to internal and external teams
- Coordinate with analytics team to inform digital content planning
- Spearhead integration between social, audience development, consumer marketing, advertising, design, and video teams for digital projects
- Assist with print production of weekly and special issues
- Onboard all freelance writers and manage payment schedules
TV Recap Editor, EW.com
June 2014 – March 2017
- Determine coverage for recaps and online reviews based on ratings, critical acclaim, online traffic, and audience interest; assign recaps to staff and freelance writers.
- Recruit and manage approximately 20 freelance writers and an assistant recap editor.
- Work closely with EW.com project manager and web development team to improve site performance internally and for online readers.
- Set site policies for comment moderation; train staff how to engage with audience.
- Edit all TV recaps and online reviews.
- Oversee EW.com’s TV Recaps index page and right rail.
- Promote recaps in collaboration with social team.
- Work with network publicists to secure early access.
- Interview actors and producers; write articles for EW.com and the magazine.
- Served as interim edit/product liaison during migration and re-launch of EW.com from WordPress VIP to Drupal; created and managed edit-priority tickets in JIRA.
- Trained edit staff on new CMS and sent weekly updates.
Copy Editor, Niche Media
April 2012 – June 2014
- Copyedited manuscripts and galleys for luxury lifestyle magazines, including Gotham, Hamptons, Michigan Avenue, Philadelphia Style, and Art Basel.
- Wrote food, drink, home décor, and lifestyle stories for numerous city and custom publications.
- Wrote display type for throughout magazines and on covers.
- Input all staff’s galley edits into InDesign document.
- Participated and pitched ideas in creative and editorial meetings.
Master of Arts in Magazine Journalism
University of Missouri
Chartbeat • Parse.ly • Omniture • CrowdTangle • Google Analytics • WordPress VIP • Basic HTML • JIRA Agile • Drupal • InDesign • InCopy • Photoshop • AP Style • Chicago Style • Woodwing