Below is a snippet of my background, but you can download my full résumé here.
Content Marketing Director, SingleCare
April 2019 – Present
- Provide oversight for all content at the healthcare tech startup; ensure editorial standards are met for blog articles, emails, UX copy, and more
- Define and hone content marketing strategy for SingleCare blog, The Checkup
- Create and maintain editorial calendar, which includes educational health content, user stories, thought leadership papers, staff profiles, and more
- Recruit, hire, and manage staff editor and team of freelance writers
- Work with marketing team to craft messaging for digital advertisements
- Define KPIs to measure success of content team and inform editorial planning
- Spearheaded and launched inaugural Best of the Best awards program to honor
pharmacies, pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians
Managing Editor, Grok Nation
January 2018 – March 2019
- Responsible for all operations at the digital lifestyle site
- Assigned, edited, and wrote across all verticals—including entertainment, food and drinks, style, parenting, faith, and more
- Managed freelance editor contracts and budget
- Worked directly with developer to implement site adjustments and improvements
- Helped relaunch site with new front-end design and expanded content verticals
- Implemented Google Analytics to track site traffic and monitor performance
- Successfully added Grok Nation to Google News and Apple News; used new social verifications and other tools to improve site traffic
Deputy Editorial Manager, Entertainment Weekly
March 2017 – January 2018
- Oversaw all digital operations for EW.com
- Created and executed digital rollout plans for each print issue; served as digital editor for long-form stories
- Collaborated with Time Inc. Entertainment Group product and development team to innovate on site editorial and user experience
- Recruited, hired, and managed all New York-based interns
- Fielded all immediate and long-term issues related to the CMS; troubleshot as needed or escalate to internal and external teams
- Coordinated with analytics team to inform digital content planning
- Spearheaded integration between social, audience development, consumer marketing, advertising, design, and video teams for digital projects
- Assisted with print production of weekly and special issues
- Onboarded all freelance writers and manage payment schedules
TV Recap Editor, EW.com
June 2014 – March 2017
- Determined coverage for recaps and online reviews based on ratings, critical acclaim, online traffic, and audience interest; assigned recaps to staff and freelance writers.
- Recruited and managed approximately 20 freelance writers and an assistant recap editor.
- Worked closely with EW.com project manager and web development team to improve site performance internally and for online readers.
- Set site policies for comment moderation; trained staff how to engage with audience.
- Edited all TV recaps and online reviews.
- Oversaw EW.com’s TV Recaps index page and right rail.
- Promoted recaps in collaboration with social team.
- Worked with network publicists to secure early access.
- Interviewed actors and producers; wrote articles for EW.com and the magazine.
- Served as interim edit/product liaison during migration and re-launch of EW.com from WordPress VIP to Drupal; created and managed edit-priority tickets in JIRA.
- Trained edit staff on new CMS and sent weekly updates.
Copy Editor, Niche Media
April 2012 – June 2014
- Copyedited manuscripts and galleys for luxury lifestyle magazines, including Gotham, Hamptons, Michigan Avenue, Philadelphia Style, and Art Basel.
- Wrote food, drink, home décor, and lifestyle stories for numerous city and custom publications.
- Wrote display type for throughout magazines and on covers.
- Input all staff’s galley edits into InDesign document.
- Participated and pitched ideas in creative and editorial meetings.
Master of Arts in Magazine Journalism
University of Missouri
Chartbeat • Parse.ly • Omniture • CrowdTangle • Google Analytics • WordPress VIP • Basic HTML • JIRA Agile • Drupal • InDesign • InCopy • Photoshop • AP Style • Chicago Style • Woodwing